Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Bipolar- Triggers

You can't control everything, but it's good to have some self awareness and know what your real triggers are.

In layman's terms, triggers are those things that cause enough stress to make you unbalanced or make you start back towards a path you do not want to be on. For a x-smoker- lighting up one smoke can be a trigger- a trigger back towards the path of being a chain smoker.

Sometimes I say "yes" and agree to do things that are not good for me. As I have learned about controlling my bipolar, I have also learned to say no.

Some of my triggers include: unplanned travel, associating with people who have Type A personalities, and trying to do too much.

What are your bipolar triggers?

1 comment:

moodypenguin said...

*interuptions to my routine (I'm quite spontaneous, but when someone or something else is the interuption, that can push me too far in the wrong direction)
*being too busy
*not sleeping enough (related to the above)
*spending too much time with frustrating people (I don't suffer fools gladly!)- I definately agree on the "Type A Personality" thing!