Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bipolars Get Great Jobs

Bipolars are often able to land some excellent jobs. If you work for an average size company, chances are you work with at least one bipolar. He or she is probably that super creative person who just won't stay put in their cubical (and sometimes hides in it).

The problem with us bipolars, is that some of us are as good at losing jobs as we are at landing them. And yes, although I am successful, I have burned a few bridges in the ole' career journey. The older I get, the longer I am able to keep my jobs. I usually put myself on a two-year contract.

I have NEVER been fired (yet!!). But, I have been "Almost Fired". The trick for me is knowing when to let go. Personal Relationships are most often the reason for my job-hopping. But, The worst boss I ever had was myself (I was self- employed).

However, I do not despair. I am smart, and there is always another job just around the corner. I land wonderful jobs, and make wonderful contributions. I always leave a company knowing that I have done some very wonderful things, and that I gave my heart and sole.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please I need Advice My Sons ex Girlfriend is Bipolar How Can i tell if This Is The Illness Talking Or Her Just Being Plain mean She Has Accused my Son of So Many Things Including Rape Only To Take It Back Latter Saying Stuff Like the ploice forced me to say that they have 2 children together and she uses them to hurt him if he does not answer the phone when she calls him while with the kids she calls me i tell her they are at the park maybe he dident hear the phone she then tells me she is going to tell the police he kidnaped them etc she was calling the police weekly to say my son beat her up makes out a report then changes it saying the police told her to say this only trouble is my son went to jail no one belived he did nothing wrong my son is no longer with her she still tries to make trouble even though she is married she tells my son she is getting a divorce to be with him he dont want to be with her no more im afraid she will get him sent to jail again she tells everyone my son is a rapist then she calls him on the phone saying how much she loves him and tells him hes a grat father etc i could go on and on i dont know how to deal with this as i have contact with her because of my grandchildren thank you.

Amy said...

I wish I knew the answer to that.
Personality and mental illness are strongly entangled.

Anonymous said...

Wow...do you know what punctuation is?

Anonymous said...

does anyone have a solution for losing jobs because meds make you oversleep in the morning? any job suggestions that meet the late-sleeping situation?

Anonymous said...

Hey Anonymous friend there are medicines like Modalert that can keep you awake inspite of other sleep causing madicines. Discuss with a Doctor.

Anonymous said...

I love that quote. I think I posted that I never had a job longer than a year, that was an exaggeration, The longest was 3 years :-) but other than that they have all been about a year and a half and yet somehow, I manage to find work, good jobs. Until, now. I hear hiring managers are looking for job stability in your history, so It's taking me longer than usual to get back into the workforce. I honestly just want to start another business but don't have the money. I know if I get a job I won't last

Anonymous said...

No cure for being fired when Bipolar