Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What IS Bipolar Success?

The definition of success varies from person to person. Too many people think success is just about making money. My definition of success is "Be all you WANT to be" and to "Keep going, despite every obstacle".

I consider myself to be successful despite my bipolar. I am not a doctor or a lawyer. I do not have a sizable bank account. But, I am happy and I get by. In fact, I get by quite well.

My cousin is a lawyer, and he considers himself to be a failure. He doesn't earn "enough" money he tells me. He thinks I'm silly when I tell him to count his blessings. My cousin does not suffer from any mental illness, he is just a little greedy. He is chasing the dollar, what a waste. I consider myself to be more successful than he.

Bipolar has taught me to count my blessings. Every moment matters. Bipolar has taught me compassion, patience, and hope. Bipolar has made me a better person.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To Amy - You must be a very-well mediated Bi-Polar!

FREETOBE83 said...

To Amy - I meant, a very well MEDICATED Bi=Polar!

Amy said...

I think that's true!
Good Medication has been 85 percent of the battle.
It's finding that other 15 percent that's the real trick.

BipolarPorch said...

Lowering stress and focusing on what is important in life - family, faith, health, and humor.

That is success.
Andrew

__________________________
Visit my Bipolar News Site...