Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sleep and Bipolar

Sleep and bipolar- it's a curious thing.

It is nearly impossible to wake me up. I can easily sleep through two alarm clocks. But, as the day progresses, I become more and more awake and productive. Falling asleep takes hours.

I often wonder if I could be more successful if sleep were not an issue. What would happen to me if there were no clocks- if the world followed my schedule?

Doctors recommend good sleep hygiene. Easier said than done. Just not working for me. I have my own bipolar clock. In a perfect world, that would not be held against me.

I am able to stay successful because I have some flexibility in my job schedule. My husband wakes me up, and does so kindly. I take naps and sleep in on the weekends. So much for good sleep hygiene

No comments: